Friday, July 30, 2010

In the Same Room

Not much time to post before Jenni arrives in DC - good thing my power returned this afternoon and that the air conditioner has kicked into high gear. Who doesn't love a morning without power? For those of you who heard about my awful night during which I lost the fight with a Pellegrino bottle of sparkling water - my finger is slowly healing. Good thing I bought the jumbo size box of Band-Aids.

This afternoon at approximately noon, Arne and I were together - in the same room - breathing the same air. No, I didn't talk to him or shake his hand - without my glasses on I could barely see the guy! But, those are all minor details - the importance of this post is that I was there - with Arne - together! Next week Arne will be speaking at a conference in Crystal City and I am hoping that we bump into one another again - old friends that we are!

When I have more time I'll have to share a few of my disappointments with Arne, but for now I am blissfully happy thinking of him in his light blue collared-shirt with the sleeves rolled up - oh Arne.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Arne is a great guy. Are you learning anything? Hope so. Well are you half way through? I am sure you will be glad when this is all over. Keep writing. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete